Clowns Out of Water is a 1995 American animated/live-action musical comedy adventure film directed by Don Bluth and Steven Spielberg, co-directed by Jimmy New Neutron and released by Amblin Entertainment, Leisure Concepts and Universal Pictures. The film tells the story of Gary (Jack Black), a golden fish who is the Rock star and his best friends, Ronaldo (Larry the Cable Guy), a friendly seahorse, Ball (Bill Farmer), a friendly puffer fish, and 6-leg (Kerry Williams) a friendly octopus.
In New York City, Gary (Jack Black) is a golden fish who lives in a ocean with his friends Ronaldo (Larry the Cable Guy), Ball (Bill Farmer), and 6-leg (Kerry Williams).
- Jack Black as Gary, the golden fish and the main protagonist of the movie.
- Larry the Cable Guy as Ronaldo, the seahorse, Gary's best friend and the main deuteragonist of the movie.
- Bill Farmer as Ball, the puffer fish.
- Tom Kenny as Hector, the Piranha-like fish and the main antagonist of the movie. In the end, He was killed while is eaten by seagulls.
- Geoffrey Rush as Nigel, the main seagull who eats Hector at the end.
- Kerry Williams as 6-leg, the octopus and the main tritagonist of the movie, and Becky, a red eyed pelican who helps Nigel eat Hector.
On October 10, 2003, A theatrical sequel, Clowns Out of Water 2.
- The 1988 film, The Land Before Time, appears in a storybook.