It tells the story of the yellow and fat dog lives in Las Vegas and he want to realize the dreams of New York.
Dug (John Goodman) and Pete (Dom DeLuise) escaping from the dog pound and lives with the dogs of Las Vegas.
In the post-credits scene, The monkeys prepare to eat the Banana, but Pip the parrot eats it.
- John Goodman as Dug
- Dom DeLuise as Pete
- Jim Cummings as Parkman P. Bulldog
- Charles Nelson Reilly as Pip the parrot
- Frank Welker as monkeys
- "A Dog in New York" - Dug, Pete and the dogs.
- "Give Up a Bone for You" - Dug and Pete.
- "Parkman is Coming" - Dug and Pip.
- The film also uses CGI elements throughout such as the field of flowers in the opening sequence, helicopter, cars and New York city.
- This is the third Hanna-Barbera film to be released by Paramount Pictures. The first was Charlotte's Web and the second was Heidi's Song.
The film is released in theaters on December 23, 1988.
The film was released on VHS and Laserdisc on April 4, 1989. It was later released on DVD on October 17, 2001.