Invader ZiM is a 2013 American traditionally animated feature-length science fiction/dark comedy film, created and directed by Jhonen Vasquez, creator of the 2001 television series of the same name. The movie was the second film released through Paramount Animation, the first one was Making Fiends, the third one was Cells. The movie was released on September 6, 2013, produced by Paramount Animation, Nickelodeon Movies, and Wumberlog Productions, and is distributed by 20th Century Fox and Paramount Pictures. Invader ZiM marks as the first Nickelodeon movie to be co-distributed by 20th Century Fox, and is the second Nicktoon movie to be rated PG-13 by the Motion Picture Association of America, while the first one was Making Fiends, and the third one was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (a live-action movie), which came after Invader ZiM. Invader ZiM was the fourth Nickelodeon movie to be rated PG-13, while the first one was Angus, Thongs and Pefect Snogging, the second one was Fun Size, and the third one was Making Fiends.
Invader ZiM as a movie was very dark, but received very positive reviews from critics and audiences, and was a box office success. A sequel is planned to be released in 2016.
ZiM, an alien from the planet Irk, moves to earth, and plans on taking over it, with this half-robot, half-doggy companion, GIR. But when Dib reveals ZiM as an Irken alien, he gets in a lot of trouble, considering that it's illegal to reveal the existance of Irken aliens. Because of that, all the Irkens plan on destroying earth themselves, and it was all Dib's fault. So, it's up to ZiM to defeat Dib, before he becomes even more crazier than ever.
- Richard Horvitz as ZiM
- Rosearik Rikki Simons as GIR
- Andy Berman as Dib
- Melissa Fahn as Gaz
- Olivia d'Abo as Tak
- Rodger Bumpass as Professor Membrane
- Candi Milo as Ms. Bitters
- Jhonen Vasquez as Computer and Nick
- Wally Wingert as Almighty Tallest Red
- Kevin McDonald as Almighty Tallest Purple
- Carlos Alazraqui as ZiM's dad, News anchorman, police officer, mayor, additional voices
- Grey DeLisle-Griffin as ZiM's mom, Dib's mom, cafateria lady additional voices
- Billy West as Mr. Bitters, additional voices
- Phil LaMarr as The Letter M
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Buck, additional voices
- John DiMaggio as Charlie
- Kath Soucie as Miranda
- Dan Castellanetta as Bloaty
- Dee Bradley Baker as Screamy
Invader ZiM received generally positive reviews from critics and audiences, as well as fans alike. The film was praised for its sense of humor, fast-pace, and dark comedy.
Invader ZiM was a box office success, opening at number-one with a weekend gross of $55,082,230, for an average of $17,615 from 3,127 theaters and staying at #1 for a total of 2 months.