Sugar Sugar Rune is a 2015 live-action film based on the anime TV series directed by Daisy von Scherler Mayer.
In the Magical World, the future queen is chosen by selecting two young witches and sending them to the Human World, where they'll compete to capture the hearts of boys. Whoever has collected the most by the end of the competition is crowned queen.
This generation's Queen Candidates are best friends and polar opposites Vanilla Mieux and Chocolat Meilleure, the daughters of the current queen and her former competitor (respectively). They're aided by their assigned mentor and guardian, pop idol witch Rockin' Robin, and their two animal familiars, Blanca the mouse and Duke the frog.
But the girls have more to deal with than just competing for hearts at school. There's something weird about the cool, mysterious middle school boy Pierre, who resembles the evil king Glace—and he seems to be after Chocolat. Now, both trapped within their own new goals, the two witches must fight their way and retain a friendship which no magic can defeat.
- Mackenzie Brooke Smith as Chocolat Meilleure
- Emily Alyn Lind as Vanilla Mieux
- Jonah Bobo as Rockin' Robin
- Tom Kenny as the voice of Duke
- E.G. Daily as the voice of Blanca
- Dalton E. Gray as Pierre Tempête de Neige
- Isaac Hempstead Wright as Houx
- Aramis Knight as Saule
- Idina Menzel as Queen Candy
- Kristin Bauer van Straten as Cinnamon Meilleure
- Jackie Frazey as Yukira
- Kyla Deaver as Waffle
- Chris Pine as Captain Glacier
- Gabriella Wilde as Coconut, A TV Idol who is really a witch from the magic world, she seems to dislike her job.
- Jake Vaughn as Miharu Sakamoto, Akira's cousin, who has a crush on Chocolat.
- Idina Menzel will have a blonde wig for her role.
- Jake Vaughn will have a brown wig for his role.
- Kyla Deaver will have a pink wig for her role.
- Gabriella Wilde will have a lavender wig for her role.
- Chris Pine will have a lavender wig for his role.
- Aramis Knight will have a blue wig for his role.
- Isaac Hempstead Wright will dye his hair light brown for his role.
- Jonah Bobo will have a purple wig for his role.